Saturday, February 12, 2022

Riddle: who's the speaker?

Here

In the dark

I feel nothing. No fear.

I spot something bright in the corner.

Could it be a gold goblet, or a sapphire ring?

I'm not hungry. I'm not thirsty. No more wine for me. 

I wonder why I've been feeling so sleepy, why I feel heavy.

I can't hear my heart. I can't feel my breath. Next to me, my wife lies still.

And farther away I see two or three girls. They're crying their eyes out. I want to ask why. 

But all of a sudden, I see Black, my cat. He's not meowing. He's not chasing mice. Weird...


Written by: Maria Garcia

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, but who was the person when alive? Look at the shape of the poem...

      Delete
    2. You got me there. I have no idea.

      Delete
  2. The poem was meant to look like a pyramid. 😥😂 Anyway, poetry is not my forte. Shape poems even less, but one has to try.
    The guy is a Pharaoh.
    Now that you know, read it again and tell me if it makes sense (he's been buried with his possessions, his wife, his living slaves...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poetry is not my forte either. I prefer narrative texts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Writing it, reading it or both? Could you do me a favour? But only if you feel like it. Can you read the poem I posted on Feb 13th and tell me what you think? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

See you around

Dear all, I wish I could have said bye in person, but unfortunately I'll be on sick leave till 27th May at least. I'm sorry I wasn&#...