Friday, March 4, 2022

Reading Comprehension.

Please read the text and answer the following questions:

Do you agree with everything it says?

How important is your home for you?

Do our homes and their decor really affect the way we feel? 

What do you think of the room in the picture below?

Your home will be infused with supportive energy if you take the time to create a stress-free home.

Sometimes our lives are so busy that we treat our homes as if they were impersonal places that we merely pass through. But we can make certain that our homes truly feel like our sanctuaries by taking the time to tend to them like gardens, which need care in order to offer us the beauty of their blooms. When we take the time to treat our homes like beloved treasures, we can shift their energy from being merely places to being wellsprings for the replenishment of our energy. 

Consider that homes are the outer reflections of those who live within. If we feel that the current appearance clashes with how we'd like to see ourselves, it can keep us from fully allowing our light to shine. Updating our homes to reflect our inner landscape need not involve massive redecorating or a large outlay of money. Small things can make a big difference, like simply moving items so that we constantly gaze upon the things we love the most, liberating the treasures we've hidden in our closets, using our best dishes and making small repairs. Organizing and cleaning is a no-cost way to remove chaos from our homes and introduce more calm. Lovingly rejuvenating our personal space can become a creative project that increases the flow of good throughout all aspects of our lives and increases our feeling of connection. We can give old things new life by donating them to charity, opening space for newness to enter. Removing stress from our homes can be as simple as putting our bills into pretty boxes and choosing a specific time to deal with them, or removing clutter so that we and our energy can move freely throughout our space. 

Simplifying our space lets our imagination and energy roam free. We can choose to prioritize our homes, making them the true heart of our family's activities. Then we are free to focus on what really matters -- time to ourselves, to share with loved ones, and to replenish our energy so that we have more to share with each other and with the world.  

Source: Daily OM


 


12 comments:

  1. Do you agree with everything it says?
    Probably yes, it is a good reflexion

    How important is your home for you?
    Nowadays, I alive on rent and although it is not mine, it is a comfortable place and I am starting loving it.

    Do our homes and their decor really affect the way we feel?
    Indeed, from my point of view,it is very neccesary that my home is order and with a good smell.

    What do you think of the room in the picture below?
    it seem bright, calm and comfortable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading the text and answering the questions, Fran.
      Just a couple of things:
      I live in a rented flat
      I'm starting to love it

      Delete
  2. Do you agree with everything it says?
    I absolutely agree, freeing sufficient space from time to time requires a big outlay but it is worthwhile if you want to live better. There has been hardly any change in my house since I bought it because I've always be thinking to buy another one, I hope.

    How important is your home for you?
    As I said before, I'd like to live in another place that suits my style but I've to say that I'm not get used to staying so much at home, as a consequence there would have the strict minimum to feel comfortable.

    Do our homes and their decor really affect the way we feel?
    Yes certainly, light colors, free space and minimalist decor contribute to improve our mood,on the contrary, dark colours and horror vacui could provoque sadness.

    What do you think of the room in the picture below?
    I really like because the light, it contributes to create a romantic and calm space area, improving our stat of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for my mistakes:

    I hope so
    light coulours
    provoke
    state of mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I forgot to say: never apologize for your mistakes (I'm speaking of language learning, of course). They're a necessary part of the learning process.

      Delete
  4. I have to confess I had to look up horror vacui because I'd never heard the word before. Thanks for doing the exercise and for teaching me something new.
    As for your self-corrections:
    - I've always been thinking of buying another one or at least I hope I will.
    - When choosing between color and colour, keep in mind that both spellings are correct. The shorter one, color, is the preferred spelling in the United States. The rest of the English-speaking world uses the longer form, colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the text because in my opinion it's very important to have a nice and warm home in order to relax our minds and bodies when we come from the outside stress (almost daily)... And seethe picture is very relaxing and calming.. it invites you to have a nice talk!..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, Cristina. For me home decor is really important. Being in a room I like makes me feel a lot happier.

      Delete
  6. I agree with the text. It is important for me to live in a clean, bright and tidy house. From time to time I give to charity or my family or friends the things or clothes that I don´t use. I really believe that acumulate is not a good idea.
    Clear and soft colours make me feel happy and relaxed, and all the house is decorated in that way.
    I dont´t practise feng sui , but I have the intencion to read about it and use it at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll ever practise feng sui, even though the idea intrigues me, but my husband always says I should have been a decorator.
      For me the way my home/s look is very important, but sometimes it's difficult to keep my son's room tidy. :)

      Delete
  7. Ah , and the room of the photograph is really lovely, and that windows.....they are a dream!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. The windows are wonderful. Light makes me feel happier. In England windows tend to be bigger because of the weather.
      One correction: those (plural) windows.

      Delete

See you around

Dear all, I wish I could have said bye in person, but unfortunately I'll be on sick leave till 27th May at least. I'm sorry I wasn&#...