Friday, March 4, 2022

Now, more than ever, we need to smile.

Nothing
 
Kathryn's 5-year-old developed a strong interest in spelling once she learned to spell STOP. After that, she tried to figure out her own words. From the back seat of the car she'd ask, "Mom, what does FGRPL spell?"

"Nothing," Kathryn said.

Sitting at breakfast she'd suddenly ask, "Mom, what does DOEB spell?"

"Nothing," Kathryn answered.

This went on for several weeks. Then one afternoon as they sat coloring in her room she asked, "Mom, what does LMDZ spell?"

Kathryn smiled at her and said, "Nothing, sweetheart."

The 5-year-old carefully set down her crayon, sighed and said, "Boy, there sure are a lot of ways to spell Nothing!"
 


 

5 comments:

  1. Little children are very intelligent. My grandchildren surprise me every day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once met a boy who was 7 by then and liked reading history books to explain incredible things to older people. I remember once that we were sitting in a bench next to a wonderful cathedral and started explaining to a woman who was ninety-something the style of the cathedral and many more things about it. The woman was freaking out. He knew everything about Guy Fawkes and the events related to him. I remember that day as one of the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an interesting story, Daphne. Thanks for sharing.
      Just a little thing: you've forgotten a subject: he started explaining...

      Delete
    2. Oh, sorry. I did not realize.

      Delete

See you around

Dear all, I wish I could have said bye in person, but unfortunately I'll be on sick leave till 27th May at least. I'm sorry I wasn&#...