Friday, October 29, 2021

First lines

Can you tell me the title of each of the books below by reading the first line?


1."It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen."

2."All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way."

3.“As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a monstrous vermin.”

4."Mother died today. Or maybe, yesterday; I can't be sure."

5."It was a queer, sultry summer, the summer they electrocuted the Rosenbergs, and I didn't know what I was doing in New York."

6."All children, except one, grow up."

7."Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show."



2 comments:

  1. Google helps me:
    1.1984
    2.Anna Karenina
    3.Metamorphosis
    4.The Stranger
    5.The Bell Jar
    6.Peter Pan
    7.David Copperfield

    ReplyDelete

See you around

Dear all, I wish I could have said bye in person, but unfortunately I'll be on sick leave till 27th May at least. I'm sorry I wasn&#...