Saturday, April 6, 2024

Spring has sprung. Some useful phrasal verbs.

Today I will teach you some common Phrasal verbs we use in the spring. 

1. Warm up - when the temperature increases.

 Examples:  Since it’s starting to warm up, should we plant our garden?

It’s starting to warm up! Let’s go for a bike ride. 


2. Thaw out - to melt or become warmer after being frozen. 

Examples: The snow is finally thawing out and the roads are clearing.  

After a long winter, the lake started to thaw out. 


3. Sprout up- To grow or emerge rapidly. 

Examples: Wildflowers are starting to sprout up everywhere. 

Spring is here and fresh grass started to sprout up. 


4. Freshen up-  to make something neat and clean again.

Examples: It’s time to do some spring cleaning and freshen up the house. 

The new pillows we bought really freshen up the living room.


5. Clean out -  to remove dirt and clutter.

Examples: Let’s clean out our garage today. 

I need to clean out the fridge because some of my produce went bad.




Source: Learn English with Camille.

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you around

Dear all, I wish I could have said bye in person, but unfortunately I'll be on sick leave till 27th May at least. I'm sorry I wasn&#...