Saturday, April 27, 2024

C2.2: Who Is Lupin? The Origin Story Explained


Listen to the video and fill in the blanks in the sentences/phrases below (use between 1 and 4 words per gap):
1. If you are French, you're probably ________________ of Lupin.
2. His origins are related to another literary _____________, _____________ an English one.
3. When his creator, Sir Arthur C.D tried to ______________, he was met with _______________.
4.  He was a thief readers could ______________ because the people he ____________ were usually worse than he was.
5. There was even a _____________ in several stories.
6. Because of legal difficulties, Sherlock Holmes' name was changed ___________________ to Herlock Shomes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi María José. It is a very interesting listening. There are some words I don´t get (number 4, first part and number 5). Are we going to do this listening on Tuesday?. Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Esther,
    Yes, we are going to correct it in class today.
    See you later,
    MJ

    ReplyDelete

See you around

Dear all, I wish I could have said bye in person, but unfortunately I'll be on sick leave till 27th May at least. I'm sorry I wasn&#...