Thursday, November 23, 2023

Coping with loneliness. This video is appropriate for all levels.


The WHO recently declared loneliness to be a global public health concern. I wanted to show you a new animated video we created to remind people that they are not alone if they're struggling with loneliness - and to share some simple coping strategies. Please feel free to share this short film with your networks.

How do you pronounce WHO? Do you know what it means?

What's the difference between lonely and alone?

Source: Coursera.

8 comments:


  1. The difference about alone and lonely is that lonely is a subjective feeling while alone is be with yourself and anybody more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without anybody more sorry*

      Delete
    2. Alone means there´s NOBODY else there, Gabriela. You would use anybody in an interrogative or negative sentence.
      Thanks for answering the question.

      Delete
  2. Hi ,

    I think the it isn´t the same say,I like to be alone,that,say I´m walking for a worl but I feel alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand the part about I like to be alone, Samu. But what do you mean when you say 'I'm walking for a worl...'

      Delete
  3. M. Luz, do you think the government must help them or should we all do our bit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mean, there are a lot of people who, although they have family and friends, they are really alone.

    ReplyDelete

See you around

Dear all, I wish I could have said bye in person, but unfortunately I'll be on sick leave till 27th May at least. I'm sorry I wasn&#...