Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Joke

A Letter from My Grandfather

I've sure gotten old...

I've had two by-pass surgeries, a hip replacement, new knees, fought prostate cancer, and diabetes.

Am half blind, can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, 
winded, and subject to blackouts.

Have bouts with dementia. Have poor circulation, hardly feel my hands and feet anymore.

Can't remember if I'm 85 or 92. Have lost all my friends.

But, thank heaven I still have my DRIVER'S LICENSE!

Ain't Florida great?





 


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely moving and enligtening, how certain people despite of the adversities provoqued by illnesses or simply because the time goes by, they are willing to continue their life acting as though nothing had happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's obviously true, Carlos. But can you read it again thinking it's a joke?
      Remember the correct spelling is provoked.

      Delete
  2. I don't know why I instinctively always write, provoqued. Anyway, obviously it's a joke, but I've been trying to explain my own interpretation which goes much further than the joke.

    ReplyDelete

See you around

Dear all, I wish I could have said bye in person, but unfortunately I'll be on sick leave till 27th May at least. I'm sorry I wasn&#...