Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Book Review

Inside Out & Back Again by Thanhha Lai is one of my favourite books. I like it not only because I love the story and the way it's written, but because it opened a whole new world for me. Till I read it, I had never heard of verse novels. Since then, however, I've read so many I've lost count.

It's a short book, like most children's and teen's novels. This doesn't mean an adult cannot enjoy it.

The story is easy to read and not very long. You can finish it in one sitting.

Inside Out and Back Again is about a young girl named Ha who lives in Vietnam. Her father disappears during the Vietnam War. Her mother, Ha, and her three brothers flee across the sea to Alabama after the fall of Saigon. Getting used to life in the States is not always easy.

It's a moving and compassionate novel. It's also lyrical without being corny. The truth is I wouldn't mind reading it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you around

Dear all, I wish I could have said bye in person, but unfortunately I'll be on sick leave till 27th May at least. I'm sorry I wasn&#...