Saturday, November 27, 2021

What is this poem about?

I used to be big and strong and hopeful. I was beautiful and my eyes shone bright.

The wind pushed me and I pushed it back. I always won. Me. Myself.

But one day there was a gale. A gale so ferocious that I fell down.

I sat up and licked my wounds. My face was still unscathed.  

After the gale there came a hurricane and I grew weaker.

When I looked ahead I couldn't see hope.

It had hidden behind a storm cloud.

I felt myself becoming small.

My face was greyish.

I only spoke snow

And sorrow.

I knew my

Time

Was

Up.





4 comments:

  1. The poem is about someone who is getting older and explains how he/she is wasting away until he/she is about to meet his/her death. It could also refer to someone who has been strong or used to be strong and something has happened that has made the person be weak and sad. Either way, the poem is full of rhetorical figures so I think the author has been very creative and above all, he/she has been able to convey his/her feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea about who wrote it.

    ReplyDelete

See you around

Dear all, I wish I could have said bye in person, but unfortunately I'll be on sick leave till 27th May at least. I'm sorry I wasn&#...